I'm afraid of my spouse. How can I protect myself and our children?

The court operates a domestic violence clinic. You should go to the court, obtain the necessary forms and fill out the declarations in which you state the reasons why you are afraid of your spouse, and the need for a protective order.

The court will then issue a temporary domestic violence order and various restraining orders that will protect you. It will set a full hearing at which time you will be required to present evidence to support issuance of a longer term order of protection for both yourself and the children.